Talk about battery, it's one of the most slowest improved technology. And with much power hungry device like Nokia E90, bigger battery capacity doesn't mean longer battery life. Nokia E90 has superb battery capacity with 1500 mAH. But for some heavy users, it's still not enough. With some simple tips, you can extend battery life for one or two days.
Here the tips:
1. Turn off your Bluetooth – I find Bluetooth to be the most power hungry application; turn it off when you don’t use it.
2. Disable sounds and vibrating alert – you don’t really need keypad tones to be on, do you? What about vibrating? It is surely useful on the meetings or in a cinema but most of time you’ll do just fine without it; I usually set up a vibrating profile to be used in places like cinema or theatre and in all other profiles I have vibrating turned off
3. Brightness – lower the brightness of your screen; not too low, otherwise you’ll destroy your vision
4. Setting the Power saver time-out and the Light time-out to the low values will help too (you’ll find them in the display settings)
5. Turn off 3G.
Change "dual mode" to gsm. That should give you at least another day. Most unlocked E90 worldwide will automatically look for 3g network all the time. So yes, turning 3G off will help (if it is not already off).
6. do you close apps or exit? Make sure you exit.
7. Turn off your phone when you don’t use it – I know that for many of you this is not an option and I’m not sure if turning it off and on is even good for your battery but I heard this tip from so many people that I just had to mention it.
Monday, April 21, 2008